A top priority is creating and deploying security services for our users.
Our Security focus has been a staple since the 1990s by operating and maintaining the State Firewall. The State Firewall provides a tightly integrated, multi-layered cyber defense for Legislative, Judicial, and Executive Branch agencies, which is designed to prevent unauthorized access to or from these networks.
Security services are becoming more of a priority for our users, and at the ICN it is no different. A top priority is to assist our customer base in protecting their networks. That is why in 2017, ICN officially added DDoS Mitigation and Managed Firewall with Unified Threat Management to our list of available products. Our customers have used our dedicated staff as a security go-to resource; from proactive monitoring and blocking of threats, to reducing the likelihood of being a victim, to stepping in and assisting when the inevitably happens.
Mitigation solution allows Internet traffic to be ‘cleaned’ and returned to user with little impact on service.
During the Last 12 Months:
- Detected 8,860 DDoS attacks on the State’s Network.
- Longest DDoS attack was 11 hrs, 31 mins, 29 secs.
- Largest DDoS attack was 4.38TB (Terabyte).
All Network traffic entering or leaving passes through the State Firewall which examines and blocks the traffic that does not meet the defined security criteria.
State Firewall (State Government Users)
- Hosted and managed by the ICN.
- Protects confidential information from those not authorized to access it.
- Protects against malicious users and incidents that originate outside users’ networks.
Managed Firewall Service
- Partnership with LightEdge Solutions.
- Global, proactive Threat Library that provides real-time updates.
- Treat management provides access to firewall event logs and reporting.