When Iowa’s education, government, public safety, and healthcare sectors seek secure, fast, reliable broadband Internet access, they call upon the ICN. Our robust Network and ability to purchase volume services means higher quality and lower prices for ICN’s authorized users. We offer offers speed scalability with a dynamic network system that delivers a resilient connection for our customers. Our broadband Internet service has been designed so customers experience limited latency.
Community Anchor Program Sponsor*
We are Iowa's only authorized anchor giving exclusive access to Internet2 services and research facilities.
Partnerships with Internet Service Providers
ICN has Internet traffic agreements with major Internet providers including University of Iowa and Iowa State University.
Diverse Geographical Access
ICN has strategic locations around the United States for diverse network ingress points to provide a strong layer of outside traffic redundancy.
Our Internet connections include these value-added components:
- Scalability: ICN can scale services from 5 Mbps up to 10 Gbps.
- Redundancy: Fully meshed network redundancy including carrier & route diversity.
- Symmetrical Ethernet Connectivity: Data speeds are the same when uploading & downloading.
- Content Peering Agreements: Relationships with the top 150 cloud content & large network providers.
- Internet Exchanges: ICN peers with public and private Internet Exchanges, reducing customers’ hop counts & latency.
- Ethernet Ports: Corresponds with Internet bandwidth purchased, and is included in ICN’s Internet cost.
- Service Level Agreements (SLAs): Aggressive repair timeframes to ensure services are back up & running.
- Security & Network Availability: Advanced technical monitoring to respond to outages, cyber threats & intrusions.
- Support: Our Network Operations Center (NOC) provides support 24/7/365.
*Internet2 provides a collaborative environment where US research and education organizations can solve common technology challenges and develop innovative solutions in support of their educational, research and community service missions. Internet2 serves 317 U.S. universities, 60 government agencies, 43 regional and state education networks and through them supports more than 100,000 community anchor institutions.