The Iowa Communications Network released its annual report for Fiscal Year 2020 on November 24, 2020. The report highlights the work completed between July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020. The ITTC and ICN continue to be proud to support our customers in the education, healthcare, government, and public safety sectors.
Some of the most important work highlighted in the report includes:
- Supporting our customers during the COVID-19 pandemic by providing valuable connectivity services which consisted of:
- Installation of a new 10Gb Internet connection for additional VPN bandwidth needed for government teleworkers.
- Delivering Voice support by adding call forwarding mobility features for teleworkers. Government employees working remotely have been able to continue answering their phones and providing services to Iowans.
- Consulting with the education sector regarding telecommunications assistance. » Providing bandwidth increases and telecommunications support for hospitals and clinics. These increases were performed at no cost to the facility within 48 hours.
- Partnering with the Iowa Department of Homeland Security and Emergency Management (HSEMD) to merge the existing wireline carrier network onto HSEMD’s Next Generation 911 (NG911) IP Network. By using the ICN’s network, this migration reduces the cost to HSEMD and taxpayers, as well as establishing a state-of-the-art network for NG911.
- Completing the migration to a Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) platform by partnering with CenturyLink. Our VoIP platform initiative included moving over 8,000 phones for 168 authorized customers.
The report also includes a number of priorities for Fiscal Year 2021 that support our customers’ broadband needs.