ICN received five grants to enhance our security operations from the Iowa Department of Homeland Security and Emergency Management (HSEMD). The grants were available through the Homeland Security Grant Program (HSGP), specifically the State Homeland Security Program (SHSP). These grant programs fund a range of preparedness activities, including planning, organization, equipment purchase, training, exercises, and management and administration across all core capabilities and mission areas.
The funding received will be used to support:
- A power upgrade at the Lucas State Office Building, which will enhance ICN’s lab environment and facilitate the state firewall service.
- Installation of security cameras and access controls at the three main core network sites.
- Adding a disaster recovery site at a private data center, which includes a fiber build and equipment purchase.
- Installation of a patch management software for internal systems.
- Performing an external vulnerability scan on the Network.
We want to thank HSEMD and FEMA for these funding opportunities that help support the statewide fiber optic Network. All the projects will be starting shortly, and are targeted to be completed in accordance with program timelines and guidance.